Monday, August 1, 2011

First version of whole site is done!


I just finished putting the finishing touches on the site and am ready to start publishing it out and broadcasting it. It's been awhile since I posted here and I figured I'd wait until the site was done to start posting here again.


I've added some key components since I began:
  • Each tool page now has a Google Form associated with it so that teachers can contribute ideas of how they've used the tool in the classroom. Responses will be automatically added to the output page- which also has a link on each tool page. I'm really hoping this site turns into a place where teachers can not only get started learning how to use these tools, but also come for ideas of how to use them with their students! We'll just have to see if the site spreads enough so that this can happen.
  • I added a 4th section where I could point folks to some awesome video sites such as Edutecher, EDU PLN, Free Tech 4 Teachers, etc.
  • I also added a spot where I can put any miscelleanous videos I create in the future
  • I put some of my favorite ed videos on there as well so I could share out.

If you go through the site and see anything wrong or missing please let me know at edtechsteve@gmail.com. Also, anywhere I've referenced other people's sites or work I've tried to link to them so you can check them out. Please let me know if any of those are lost or broken- I definitely want to give credit where it's due with those great sites or videos I list.

Here's to hoping this is the start of a resource that will be helpful to as many teachers and students as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment